Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the MyACA online community. These guidelines for participation help ensure the best possible experience for all community members.
ACA hosts several pages on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube along with MyACA, our private members’ only social network. All of these platforms are great tools to get the advice of your peers, learn from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. By participating on social platforms that are ACA branded, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. ACA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this forum, and such opinions do not necessarily reflect the policies of ACA.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact the MyACA community team (MyACA@acatoday.org). However, questions about ACA should be directed to our Member Services Department at 703-276-8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, ACA reserves the right to discipline MyACA users, delete posts or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
- Don’t attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you do.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- MyACA messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ACA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- There must be no agreements on prices, salaries, benefits, fees, allocation of markets or boycotting of any person or company.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the MyACA community.
- Remember that ACA and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate discussions or libraries. Do not spam several discussions or libraries with the same message.
- Don’t disclose proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information, and don’t disclose medical information protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Don’t use this platform as a means of recruiting doctors or student members.
- Don’t use this platform to promote events that aren’t directly affiliated with ACA.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. ACA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals – not to the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link in the dropdown menu in every message.
- Do not post administration messages, such as, “remove me.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to contact the administrators.
- Warn other subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message.”
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for members of ACA. ACA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ACA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ACA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to ACA and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. ACA does not actively monitor this site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ACA's attention, ACA will take all appropriate action.
ACA reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.